Pages

07 June 2006

The Fetus formerly known as the Tadpole #12

Navel conflicts...
If there's one thing I've learned about being pregnant, it's to accept that a whole lot of abnormal feelings are perfectly normal. You know, little things like losing my balance walking in a straight line; getting monster leg cramps in the middle of the night; and being able to make the remote control flip from its resting place on my tummy onto the floor without moving a muscle.

The latest feature on the list is the alarmingly painful belly-button. I'm assured it's quite common. But sheesh! I always thought belly buttons were about as useful as men's nipples, so I think it's a bit unfair to have such an angry one. Still, I'd be pretty angry too if I was slowly being turned inside out and kicked from behind.

Oh, let's be honest - I'm quite chuffed that a sore belly-button is the biggest thing I have to complain about!

No comments:

Post a Comment