Pages

17 August 2006

The Fetus formerly known as the Tadpole #17

Waiting, anticipating and medicating...
Since I last wrote, I've mainly been doing two things - sleeping and sitting in hospital hooked up to machines. After no fewer than three visits to the midwives in the space of eight days, they reckon that my blood pressure is low enough and stable enough for me to stay pregnant for a little while. Yay! So here I am at the 38-week-plus-one-day mark, and Fetie is still completely un-pelvis-ed.

So what have I been doing with myself? I've managed to gradually work my way through a long 'to-do' list, which includes setting up the nursery and doing my tax, and the rest of the time I've been sleeping. Apart from being a Very Pregnant Lady and hence quite sore and immobile, I'm also under the influence of the anti-hypertensive drugs, which have the not-unpleasant side effect of making me feel a bit drunk. It takes about an hour and a half after popping one for my eyes to focus properly and to feel awake, which means no driving or operating major machinery for me. No biggie, considering I'm enjoying the ability to sleep during the day immensely, but I would like to be able to pop down to the shops or visit people on a whim. Ne'er mind. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who have been doing the driving for me, such as my lovely husband, my lovely father-in-law, my good mate JI and my lovely parents. Ta!

I should probably stop typing now. Things are starting to get wafty. Wheeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment