Things are moving at our house.
In the last couple of weeks, the following has happened:
1. The house we are renting was sold
2. We have been given until mid-January to vacate
3. We looked for a new place to rent
4. We found a new place to rent
5. We rejected a new place to rent
6. We decided to buy a house
7. We looked at Sydney prices
8. We got depressed
9. We decided to expand our search to the Central Coast (otherwise known as 'Cen-Co')
10. We got excited.
After chatting with a mortgage broker or two and looking at about a gazillion properties online, we've narrowed down the number of desireable locations and settled on a price range, and this weekend it's all about talking to agents and hopefully making someone an offer! All very grown up, don't you think?
Smack bang in the middle of a pregnancy might not be the most highly recommended time to uproot oneself, move out of one's home town and attempt to settle somewhere else, but I can guarantee it's going to be a lot less stressful than trying to pay off a place in Sydney.
So... who wants to come up the coast for a holiday?