Pages

20 May 2008

The pregnancy roundup

Injury in the second half

When I started writing this blog as a kind of pregnancy diary two-and-a-half years ago, I fully intended to do a compare-and-contrast between my two episodes of up-the-duff-ness. I also completely underestimated the amount of time I would need to look after a toddler AND work part-time AND get enough sleep AND buy a house AND leave enough time to do any proper blogging. So here is the second-half-of-the-pregnancy roundup, in hindsight, in a nutshell:


  • Everything to do with the bub was normal, which made me a very proud fat lady indeed.

  • Due to increasing weight on my front, my back (which already had a history of dodginess) chucked a major wobbly and gave me a considerable amount of pain for about four months. This was alleviated slightly by physotherapy, but not quite so much to make me stop whingeing about it most days.
  • Hubby was a dead-set legend during most of the second half, making sure I didn't do much lifting or anything else that would hurt my back. Unfortunately, this necessitated the use of separate beds.
  • I got lots of lovely work from a small handful of clients, most of which I could manage in my own hours at home. If I wasn't already me, I'd be jealous of me.
  • My blood pressure was well-behaved right up until week 38

That's about it in a nutshell. Or in my case, in an enormous protruding belly.

Coming soon: D-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment