Pages

21 May 2010

The A to Z of anti-vaccination

When only alphabetised rhyming couplets will do.

This has been buzzing around in my head for a while, but only recently have I had enough work on to make this kind of procrastination really worth the effort. I bring you my tribute to the anti-vaccination movement.

A's for Anti-vaccination, which you are, let's face it.
B's for Brain. You've got one, but you frequently misplace it.
C is for Complaints to the Commission, based on facts;
D is for Donations that do Disappearing acts.
E's for education, which you give but don't receive
F is for the falsehoods that you'd have us all believe.
G is for Gish Gallop, or a cavalcade of lies;
H is Homeopathy, which doesn't immunise.
I is immunology, a science beyond your ken;
J is for autism-'curer', Playboy bunny Jen.
K is for the "knowledge" that you have about this issue;
L's for 'Living Wisdom' (read: 'expensive toilet tissue').
M is for that Meryl, vocal harbinger of doom;
N's for @nocompulsoryvac, her tweeting nom de plume.
O is for the bane of anti-vaxxers' lives, Paul Offit;
P is for big Pharma, and for horrid, evil profit.
Q's for Questions brought before your doctor's ugly mug;
R is for reactions that are swept under the rug.
S is for the Swine 'flu, which you claim is manufactured;
T is for the truth, which in your case is clearly fractured.
U's for the Uniting Church, which wouldn't house your speeches;
V's for Vaccines, which you'd gladly substitute with leeches.
W's for Whooping Cough, which shouldn't still be 'round;
X is xeno-antigen, an 'x' word that I found.
Y is yadda, yadda - what I hear when you start quacking;
Z is zip your lip, my friends, be gone! Sod off! Get packing!

8 comments:

  1. Your final line is incredibly restrained.

    I'm gob-smacked with awe. Bloody brilliant.

    I bet there's no-one at the AVN (or on the earth's crust, for that matter), who can scan like you can.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is dedication to the cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I am in awe, thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That isn't just funny, it even scans properly! Do you know how rare that is? Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're like the love child of Pam Ayres and Edward Jenner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rach, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! This is superb :-)

    ReplyDelete