Oh, that Australian Vaccination Network. They do make me laugh. Not in a 'ha-ha-funny' kind of way, but in a 'you-can't-seriously-claim-to-have-a-brain-and-say-that' kind of way. And although I've been blocked from viewing @nocompulsoryvac's (aka the AVN's Meryl Dorey) tweets on Twitter*, I still like to do a little tweet-stalking to get my regular Gish Gallop giggle.
The majority of @nocompulsoryvac's tweets seem to be scheduled through Social Oomph, resulting in a high-rotation hit parade of scary factoids and obtuseness. My favourite is this one:
What a relief! Giving your hard-earned cash to the AVN will help them stop the immediate and terrifying threat of something highly unlikely. Phew. But that's not all! Not only will your donation help stave off compulsory vaccination in Australia, it will also:
- Help to stop the re-establishment of corporal punishment in primary schools;
- Silence those lobbying to lower the legal drinking age to 12;
- Prevent the return of Megalosaurus;
- Keep the incidence of unicorn-related head injuries to a minimum;
* I know. Little old me has been blocked. But I'm so nice.