Pages

27 June 2013

On what to wear in court

Because not even your best Sunday thongs will do.

"Your Honour", said the man, "Will you forgive my fashion sin?
I know I'm wearing tracky dacks, but hey - my shirt's tucked in!
I haven't got the kind of pants with buttons and a zip;
And I plain forgot a belt when I was packing for this trip.
I must say, I'm surprised at all the blokes here wearing ties.
I tried to buy one - honest - but they didn't have my size.
Perhaps you should display a sign that says on it somewhere:
'No shirt, no shoes, no justice', so that people are aware."

3 comments:

  1. Andy, I recently attended the AVN's Administrative Decisions Tribunal appeal regarding the Office of Fair Trading's direction to change their name(as a public gallery observer). Nobody except well-dressed barristers and solicitors appeared for either side, but I was reminded of the amusing tendency for some people, when fronting a courtroom, to misjudge what constitutes 'appropriate' attire.

    I don't know what I find more amusing - defendants turning up in too-casual gear, or those who look incredibly uncomfortable in ill-fitting, borrowed suits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okey dokey then :)

    ReplyDelete