Pages

15 September 2012

Song for Gina

Because being really really really rich is horrible.

(with apologies to Messrs Rodgers & Hammerstein)


Owning a wad half the size of Great Britain,
Iron ore slabs on which poetry’s written,
Pulling Fairfax’s executive strings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Paying a pittance while raking in oodles,
Telling the poor, “get your hands off your doodles”,
Flying to parties in Learjets with wings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

Going to court to solve family clashes,
Not telling most of my kids where their cash is,
Money and all of the wealth that it brings,
These are a few of my favourite things.

When I pay whites
Market wage price
I get very sad.
But then I buy mines and more sparkly things
And then I don’t feel so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment